Israeli forces kill Palestinian teen during protest against Trump's plan
A Palestinian has been shot dead by Israeli forces in Qaffin, north of the city of Tulkarm, in the occupied West Bank, bringing the number of Palestinians killed to five in less than three days.
Palestinians had been protesting across the West Bank and Gaza Strip, rejecting US President Donald Trump's "deal of the century" plan to address the Israel-Palestine conflict, which was announced last week in Washington.
The Palestinian health ministry said that Badr Nidal Ahmad Nafleh, 19, was shot with a live bullet in his neck, severing a major vein and killing him.
Eight Palestinians were also injured in the city of Qalqilya and transferred to the Darwish Nazzal hospital. Five of them had been injured by live bullets, the health ministry said.
Palestinians had further clashed with Israeli forces in Azzoun, near Qalqilya, the hometown of a Palestinian policeman shot inside the police station by Israeli fire on Thursday morning.
The Palestinian Red Cresent said 31 Palestinians were wounded on Friday during clashes in Kafr Qaddoum, east of Qalqilya, three of them shot with rubber-coated bullets.
Other confrontations flared in Jericho, Balin, near Ramallah, Beita, south of Nablus, Hebron, and east of Khan Yunus in the besieged Gaza Strip.
A Palestinian citizen of Israel from Haifa city was killed on Thursday in the Old City of Jerusalem, after attempting to shoot Israeli policemen, wounding two of them.
On Thursday, a Palestinian rammed a car into several Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem, wounding 12 of them, and an Israeli soldier was shot and wounded near Ramallah.
Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, one of the architcts of the "deal of the century", which gives Israel a green light to illegally annex vast areas of the West Bank, claimed Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas was responsible for these attacks.
Kushner said that the Palestinian leadership had a record of "inciting intifadas when they don't get their way".
Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat responded on Friday by saying that those "who legitimise annexation and settlements and who legitimise occupation are fully responsible for deepening the circle of violence and extremism".